The mission of Cognitive Coaching™ is to produce self-directed persons with the cognitive capacity for excellence both independently and as members of a community. We know that teaching is a complex intellectual activity and that teachers who think at higher levels produce students who are higher achieving, more cooperative, and better problem solvers. It is the invisible skills of teaching – the thinking processes that underlie instructional decisions – that produce superior instruction. Cognitive Coaching™ is a research-based model that capitalizes upon and enhances teachers’ cognitive processes.
Participants will develop:
- An increased consciousness and craftsmanship in applying interpersonal communication skills to develop trust and rapport
- An understanding of the power of a structured professional conversation
- An understanding of the four support functions of Cognitive Coaching℠
- Expanded and refined skills and repertoire of coaching behaviors
- An increased consciousness and skills in asking mediative questions
- An understanding of the role that data plays in mediating thinking