"Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing." - Albert Schweitzer
Schools to Watch
Schools to Watch® is an initiative launched by the National Forum to Accelerate Middle-Grades Reform in 1999.
Through the Schools to Watch® initiative, the National Forum identifies schools across the United States that are on their way to meeting the Forum’s criteria for high performance. Forum members believe three things are true of high-performing middle-grades schools:
- They are academically excellent — these schools challenge all students to use their minds well.
- They are developmentally responsive — these schools are sensitive to the unique developmental challenges of early adolescence.
- They are socially equitable — these schools are democratic and fair, providing every student with high-quality teachers, resources, and supports.
And high-performing schools have developed organizational structures to support good programs for young adolescents.
The Institute for Excellence in Education partners with Michigan Schools to Watch to support these program and services. Schools interested in more information regarding Schools to Watch can contact Dr. Mary Alice Krajenta, Michigan Schools to Watch Co-Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oakview Middle School 2006
- White Pine Middle School 2006
- Baldwin Street Middle School 2009
- Boyd Arthurs Middle School 2012
- Whitehall Middle School 2014
- Kingsley 2015
- Chatfield 2016
- Clague Middle School 2017
- East Middle School 2017
- Marshall Greene Middle School 2017
- Oscoda Middle School 2017
- Richfield PSA 2017
- To learn more about Schools To Watch (STW) visit the Schools to Watch Website.
- To determine if your school would like to apply to be a STW review the criteria with your school team.
- Schools to Watch holds a yearly conference. To learn more about the conference visit this site.
- Schools interested in more information regarding Schools to Watch can contact Dr. Mary Alice Krajenta, Michigan Schools to Watch Co-Director at: email@example.com