You might be asking yourself what a leadership coach does. Many of the schools partnering with the Institute receive leadership coaching in some capacity. The leadership coach in a building plays many roles and supports many people in the building. Below you will find some ideas about what leadership coaches are and what they are not!
Leadership Coaches are . . .
- Data experts who guide teacher and administrators through the process of embedding data into daily conversations
- Expert facilitators who focus on developing collaborative practices in school working groups better known as professional learning communities
- Experienced building administrators who can have planning and reflecting conversations with school leaders to allow processing through options
Leadership Coaches are NOT . . .
- Replacement administrators
- Bosses who tell everyone what to do
- People who arrive with solutions
At the Institute we believe that teachers and school leaders hold all the expertise needed to positively impact the lives of students. It is the job of the Leadership Coach to mediate the thinking of school leaders and help him/her find the answers within themselves to build their personal and professional capacities.