Student needs and interests are constantly evolving. Teachers who are adaptive can be flexible and change their instruction in order to best serve their students. In this seminar series, participants will learn cutting-edge strategies for engaging students during instruction, during transitions, and during reflection times. Participants will also explore various strategies, practices, and protocols that will help develop a data culture in the classroom. Student engagement, data utilization, and other important educational topics will be explored to help teachers adapt to the ever-changing needs of students.
Participants will develop:
- An increased consciousness and craftsmanship in applying interpersonal communication skills to develop trust and rapport
- An understanding of the power of a structured professional conversation
- An understanding of the four support functions of Cognitive Coaching℠
- Expanded and refined skills and repertoire of coaching behaviors
- An increased consciousness and skills in asking mediative questions
- An understanding of the role that data plays in mediating thinking
Master Teacher Seminar Series
June 29, June 30 & July 6, July 7, 2017
9:00am – 4:00pm
Institute for Excellence in Education
711 West Pickard Street
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Cost: $599/person or $250/person if taking this for graduate credit through SVSU
Lunch and materials will be provided
[button color=”green” link=”http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=57djsljab&oeidk=a07ee3e666h7e080db2″ target=”_blank”]Register Now[/button]
Blake Pratt brings over 10 years of classroom experience to his role as a Targeted Learning Coach for the Institute for Excellence in Education. As a former middle-grades math teacher, Blake helped to develop an instructional model that significantly increased his students’ math proficiency. As a math coach for IEE, Blake provides ongoing professional development to schools and has empowered hundreds of educators to implement instructional strategies that lead to sustained student growth and achievement.
SCECHs and Grad Credits
- Michigan Department of Education State Continuing Education Clock Hours are available for an additional fee.
- Graduate credits, offered through SVSU, are offered at an additional cost.
Event Registration Cancellation Policy
Transfer: Registrations are transferrable, but not refundable. Substitutions for persons attending can be made up to one day in advance of the event without charge.
Cancellation by Participant: No refunds will be given, but a voucher for attendance at another Institute for Excellence in Education event will be offered, and will be valid for one full year.
Cancellation by IEE: In the event of circumstances beyond its control, the Institute for Excellence in Education reserves the right to amend or cancel any event. If the Institute for Excellence in Education cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.