- This event has passed.
Harvesting Diversity to Create Resourceful Systems
April 14, 2021 @ 10:00 am - April 16, 2021 @ 12:15 pm$399
Tensions exist naturally in all social systems. We have been taught to avoid divisive issues and difficult conversations. However, in order to create resourceful communities, we must enhance our ability to explore these tensions. This 3-day webinar (2 hours & 15 minutes per day) will begin with unpacking and examining our own values and beliefs that may blind us to other perspectives. Participants will then move forward with the exploration and practice of explicit structures, strategies and tools to gracefully navigate difficult conversations. Talking about diversity in all areas of our lives is now vitally important – for our homes, for our relationships, for our communities, and for the world at large. We owe it to ourselves and to our children to figure out how to have these conversations that are absolutely necessary for the sustainability of humanity.
Participants will walk away with:
* an enhanced understanding of the importance of this topic
* an openness to one’s own and others’ beliefs without either person feeling diminished
* an enhanced confidence and competence in navigating natural tensions of social systems
* a deepened understanding of self and others and the illusion of separateness
* a repertoire of structures for using assertiveness strategies and tools to support community-building conversations and productive relationships
April 14, 15, 16, 2021
10AM – 12:15PM Eastern Time